Everyone has the human right to live a life that is free from abuse and neglect. Safeguarding means protecting vulnerable adults and children who are at risk and need support, and is fundamental to ensuring high-quality health and social care. If you are concerned that someone is at risk of abuse, don’t hesitate to report your concern with the Virgin Care ASIST team on 01225 396000. You can find more support and advice about services in B&NES, including how to report concerns, here.
People who may be particularly vulnerable to abuse include:
- disabled people who have physical or sensory impairments
- people who have learning difficulties
- people who experience mental ill health
- older people
- people who live in care homes
- people with acquired brain damage
- People who misuse substances.